Nature impressions are located at 20 Great Park Pursuit sites throughout Nebraska. The challenge is to visit as many of the selected park areas as you wish between May 1 and September 18, 2017.
- Register online or request a hardcopy registration form via email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Create a user (group or family) name and password when registering.
- User name and password allows participants to login to track team progress and update group information.
- Each participant may only be on one team.
- There can only be one team per household.
- Select a park from the Locations page on the GPP website.
- Print off the Park Page(s) and take it with your team to the selected park(s).
- Follow the clues provided on the Park Page print offs to locate the GPP post at each site.
- Place the Park Page over the nature impression and make a tracing of the impression onto your Park Page print off with a pencil, crayon, or marker.
- Continue your adventure to other parks on the Locations page.
- Once you have completed your nature impression(s), mail in your Park Page(s) for entry into prize drawings. Photocopies of impressions will not be accepted.
- All entries must be postmarked by September 18, 2017.
- Prizes cannot be returned for cash or credit.
- Larger prizes will be required to be picked up at a location to be determined on October 21st or October 28th.
Mail completed nature impressions to:
Attn: Great Park Pursuit
1819 Farnam Street, Suite 701
Omaha, NE 68183
Frequently Asked Questions
What does the Great Park Pursuit cost?
The program and registration are FREE. Participants only need to pay for postage when mailing in nature impression and entry into some of the park sites.
Who can participate?
Anyone can participate. Groups can be made up of individuals, families, friends, coworkers, youth organizations or any other group you belong to. Prizes are awarded per household or group. Registration is limited to one group per household.
Is there a limit to the number of groups I can be in?
Yes. Participants are limited to only one team and only one team is permitted per household.
What is a nature impression?
A nature impression is made by placing a piece of paper over a plate and rubbing with a pencil, crayon, or marker. The object or picture is then transferred onto the paper.
When do I mail in nature impressions?
Nature impressions can be mailed in at any time. All entries must be postmarked by September 18, 2017. Reminder: only one nature impression may be submitted for each park site per household or group. No Photocopies will be accepted.
What should I take to the selected park?
Wear good walking shoes and clothing. Take your Park Page with clues to the location of the post with the nature impression and a pencil or crayon to complete the rubbing.
What happens if I forget my Park Page print off sheet?
Do a nature impression on a piece of paper and make sure to include your contact, group name, phone number and address to be included for prizes.
What is the typical walking distance to each post?
One of the goals of the GPP is to get participants active in the outdoors. Posts are located at varying distances within each park. A distance and trail description is provided on each individual park page below the clue.
Who do you contact if we have more questions?
Email your questions to the Great Park Pursuit Committee at email@example.com
How do I become a sponsor for the program?
Sponsorships in all sizes are always welcome. Contact the Great Park Pursuit Committee at firstname.lastname@example.org
How are we notified if a park or site is closed due to reasons beyond the control of GPP?
A notice on the GPP Facebook will be posted when the GPP committee has confirmed the closing. Notices on the locations page of the website and an email will be sent to all registered teams as of that date.
If you enjoy the Great Park Pursuit try the Nebraska Passport Program.