Get Started with The 2018 Great Park Pursuit
The Great Park Pursuit (GPP) encourages participants to visit up to 20 GPP sites located across Nebraska between May 1 and September 17, 2018. Players follow clues that will lead them to a GPP post, where they use a pencil to make an impression of the post or use the mobile app to prove they were there. Prizes and entry into drawings are based on the number of impressions collected. The grand prize is an outdoor recreation package with a retail value of $1500.
The goal of the GPP, a partnership between the Nebraska Game and Parks Commission and the Nebraska Recreation and Park Association, is to promote active lifestyles while increasing awareness of the state’s nature-rich outdoor recreation opportunities. Since 2008 more than 22,000 Nebraskans have enjoyed the adventure the Great Park Pursuit offers.
Who is NeRPA?
NeRPA is the Nebraska Recreation and Park Association, an active non-profit organization comprised of professionals and advocates dedicated to the promotion of park resources and recreation advancement in the State of Nebraska. NeRPA also acts as an independent voice for the park and recreation movement at the national level and provides statewide educational opportunities for members.
Nature impressions are located at 20 Great Park Pursuit sites throughout Nebraska. The challenge is to visit as many of the selected park areas as you wish between May 1 and September 17, 2018.
- Register online or request a hardcopy registration form via email email@example.com.
- Create a user (group or family) name and password when registering.
- User name and password allows participants to login to track team progress and update group information.
- Each participant may only be on one team.
- There can only be one team per household address.
- Select a park from the Locations page on the GPP website.
- Print off the Park Pages(s) and take it with your team to the selected park(s).
- Follow the clues provided on the Park Page prints offs to locate GPP post at each site.
- Place the Park Page over the nature impression and make a tracing of the impression onto your Park page print off with a pencil, crayon or marker.
If using the printed Impression sheets:
- Select a park from Locations page in the GPP iOS or Android app.
- Follow the clues provided on the Impression page and locate GPP post.
- Click on the apture Impression button to launch your mobile device’s camera.
- Center the entire post face in the camera window and photograph the post.Confirm your photograph and click Submit. Your submission will be saved and submitted to the Admins for approval.
Approval requires the entire post face to be visible in the photograph so please be careful when capturing.
If using the NEW Mobile App:
- Continue your adventure to other parks on the Locations page.
- Once you have completed your nature impression(s), mail in your Park Page(s) for entry into prize drawings. Photocopies of impressions will not be accepted.
- All entries must be postmarked by September 17, 2018.
- Prizes cannot be returned for cash or credit.
- Larger prizes will be required to be picked up at a location to be determined in October 2018.
Mail completed nature impressions to:
Attn: Great Park Pursuit
1819 Farnam Street, Suite 701
Omaha, NE 68183
Frequently Asked Questions
Click the question to see the answer.